Senior Java Developer - Glasgow
Permanent - Full-Time
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Software Engineer who will participate fully in all the companies R&D activities. They will be involved in the development and support of Engagement Management product releases.
The Software Engineer will work within the engineering team in order to develop new product features, identify and resolve quality issues and handle product support requests.
You will develop key skills and knowledge of clients, identify related components and check for completeness of solutions, seeking assistance where required. Ensure quality of the feature being delivered, testing its functionality before it is verified, guaranteeing everything working properly before final release. You will promote new functionality to team and wider audience, consult with product management and quality assurance for clarification of requirements and timescales and develop product enhancements within agreed timescales.
Throughout your time as a software engineer, you will participate in team meetings, participate in internal departmental activities – API / build reviews and participate in external departmental activities - University / industry engagements.
- Significant work experience using Java
- Experience of object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Experience with both web client side and server side development;
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of benchmarking and optimization
- Experience of software development within a team
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git
- Experience of software debugging
- Experience of unit testing and TDD
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- Knowledge of web application development
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
Please apply online.