Be-IT are currently working with a large Analytics company who are looking for a Senior Software Engineer. The Senior Software Engineer will participate fully in all our R&D activities. They will be involved in the design, development, and the implementation of web based applications. The Senior Software Engineer will work within the engineering team in order to develop new product features, identify and resolve quality issues and handle product sustaining requests.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications;
- Responsible for high-level designs and technical requirements;
- Will contribute to component and product architectural designs;
- Participates in the unit testing, test case reviews, and certification of software;
- Conducts, participates in design/code reviews;
- Will interact with Business Analyst to ensure that specifications are satisfied;
- Offers improvements to maintenance problems, design limitation, product reliability and features for future product direction;
- May engage in limited research, including investigating new technologies to improve current products;
- Helps Tier 3 Support with customer cases;
- Act as subject matter expert in a specific area of responsibility for other teams (i.e., QA, Documentation, Support etc.);
- Expected to follow well-defined processes within the Engineering organization with little or no guidance;
- Work in a team environment, soliciting input from various project members and utilizing the existing project experience base to all development work
- Works with minimal or no supervision.
- Mentor team members, provide guidance, leadership, and advocate best practices to the team in the areas of software engineering
- Advanced knowledge and experience of working with Java
- Advanced knowledge and experience of object oriented principles and design patterns
- Development experience with: J2EE, EJBs, SQL Server
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Strong in ReactJs/Redux
- ExtJs experience a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of 508 compliance and how to implement application support
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
Please apply online for immediate consideration!