Senior Software Engineer - Remote working within a commutable distance
Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer will serve on a cross-functional team to deliver customized versions our clients Engagement Management solution based upon our customer's business needs.
The position requires sharp leadership abilities, an inner-drive to learn and succeed, a dedication to high client satisfaction, strong problem-solving skills, and a desire to be challenged with new technologies and environments.
Significant experience in developing large scale distributed applications. Significant experience working directly with external customers (sales cycle, requirements defining, blended teams, side-by-side testing, production support). Direct experience with configuring and deploying application servers (especially JBoss, WebSphere, or WebLogic)
- J2EE – Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JSF, Web Services
- Be able to write Stylesheets to transform XML into HTML and/or XML
- Frameworks - Struts v1.1 and higher, Hibernate, Velocity, log4j, AJAX, Maven, Spring
- Design Patterns – Singleton, DAO, Façade, Factory Lookup, etc.
- OS - Windows 2000 Server, Linux, Unix – HP, RS6000 (IBM), Solaris, AIX
- Batch Scripting – Csh, Bsh, Dos Batch scripting
- Database – Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL,
- Ruby on Rails, C/C++, C#, VB, .NET, VB, Perl, PHP, Microsoft developer studio and tools
- Web Servers (Apache or Netscape), Content Switch/Load balancer, Tomcat 4.x and higher App Server, Eclipse IDE, Visual Source Safe and/or CVS for configuration management, Knowledge Management experience (Kanisa), Netegrity, LDAP, AD (Active Directory), IIS
- Online forums experience, Online collaboration experience, RSS/Wikis/Blogs, Systems integration experience, Workflow experience, Localization experience (Localizing an application
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn