Do you want to work with one of the fastest growing Cognos Business Partners in the UK? A senior support engineer for cognos analytics is required to join an Edinburgh business that has been creating cutting-edge solutions for almost a decade and are continuing to grow nationwide.
What our client does is take data that a customer’s business has from its various systems, piece it together like a jigsaw and predict problems and enable the business to pre-empt and prevent problems.
Their real value add is to help customers reveal what they don’t know before it’s too late to prevent.
Our client is always looking for fresh, new minds to challenge how they do things and create a constant exchange of knowledge.
The role available:
This is a key role which is devoted to assisting their reputable, blue-chip clients across multiple sectors in overcoming information management challenges and revealing the capability of their data.
The role requires experience of Leading a small team of engineers supporting Cognos analytics, excellent communication skills and be passionate about delivering excellent customer service with defined SLA’s
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Leading a team of skilled cognos engineers.
- Distributing, progressing and reporting workload.
- Support diagnose and fix on existing BI installations
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Assess and report work progress against plans.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites across the UK.
Preferred technical skills:
- Experienced in some of the following BI tools - IBM Cognos 8/10/11 suite, IBM Cognos Report Studio, IBM Cognos Framework Manager, IBM Cognos Analysis Studio, IBM Cognos Metric Manager, IBM Cognos Query Studio, IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced. IBM Cognos Data Manager/Decision Stream, Infosphere Datastage.
- Database skills – SQL Server, DB2, Oracle.
- Ability to self-manage and work and supervise a small team.
Our client will offer you a competitive salary depending on your experience, fantastic support from a friendly team to help you achieve your goals and supersede your potential and, as part of one of the UK’s largest plc’s, a whole load of extras, including a pension scheme, share save scheme, private healthcare and a range of optional benefits.
To apply please send your CV to Susie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susie on 0131 344 4790