Senior Systems Engineer
If you are experienced in industrial Real-time Information System (RtIS), this is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team working with major 'blue chip' clients.
In this position you would take a key role in supporting the expansion of the companies RtIS capability across the client base and delivery teams.
You will undertake a wide range of tasks related to the design, implementation and delivery of Real-time Information Systems solutions, principally in the Power and Infrastructure market.
The key aspects of your role would be to:
- work with clients to identify solutions appropriate to them;
- produce Requirements Specifications and Design Specifications;
- develop Test Strategies and produce Test Specifications;
- design and develop applications as part of Real-time Information Systems;
- give clear, effective presentations to customers on status of their work;
- investigate and resolve problems with Real-time Information Systems;
- operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
- lead a small team, developing others through mentoring.
To succeed in this we expect you to have good analytical and problem-solving ability and be someone who is:
- enthusiastic to understand developing technological capabilities and to identify how these can be applied;
- readily able to capture information, analyse it, and articulate an appropriate solution;
- capable of communicating clearly both in written and interactive form;
- confident dealing with all levels of audience and self-sufficient working away from the office;
- a person who interacts well with customers at a senior level in a manner that instils confidence;
- able to develop strategies and think in terms of architectures;
- capable of managing others to achieve successful outcomes as a team;
- disciplined to deliver technical requirements while achieving time and budget constraints;
- able to balance multiple pieces of work to ensure that all are progressed as expected.
As for your qualifications and experience, we are looking for a good selection of the following:
- degree or HND in a computing related subject;
- proficient in Microsoft Office products;
- sound grasp of IT methodologies and of related governance issues;
- experience with software development technologies, methods and processes;
- good understanding of IT infrastructure, including servers, operating systems, databases and networking;
- good knowledge of OSIsoft PI products, preferably including development experience using the OSISoft development technologies;
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org