Be-IT are currently looking for a Senior Tier 3 Support Engineer for a large analytics company based in Glasgow.
The Senior Tier 3 Support Engineer will be a key contributor to the team who would be instrumental in troubleshooting of our existing web applications and being a point of contact for less senior members of the team. They will have a broad engineering competence as well as demonstrated experience successfully resolving complex customer issues in a dynamic environment.
- Independently troubleshoot requests for assistance from Tier 2 support engineers and product managers as well as be a point of contact for escalated issues. Research solutions and resolve complex problems by analyzing product & systemic issues (Network, OS, database SQL Server) to identify root cause of problems and determine corrective actions.
- Work as a liaison & drive communication internally between T2 Support, engineering & product management to resolve customer issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide recommendation, feedback on design change / feature for product supportability to ensure that product meets customer requirements and document the same.
- Prepare & maintain knowledge base articles for known issues & work around.
- Willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done within SLAs and customer commitments, provide mentoring and training for new employees and work cross functionally as a team member.
- Proactive in identifying critical point of failure, raising flags & escalating issues that are of urgent nature.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects simultaneously.
- Develop the skills to become a subject matter expert (SME) in a given field or part of the product.
- On call duty to provide out of hours support on a rota basis
- Occasionally visit customer sites.
- Ensure approach is tailored according to changes in environment and needs of stakeholders. Identify related components and check for completeness of solutions, using prior experience and recognised techniques.
- Resolve complex and new problems by processing alternatives and balancing pros and cons.
- Ensure communication style is adjusted to meet the needs of the audience, simplifying complexities and using examples to assist understanding.
- Ensure steps are taken to promote open communication through appropriate verbal and non-verbal channels.
- Empathises with customer situations and responds with flexibility.
- Identifies opportunities to provide new solutions to meet customer needs.
- Draws effective boundaries in order to ensure that priorities are met.
- Prioritises work effectively.
- Breaks large tasks into smaller ones and sets milestones, identifies and plans for dependencies.
- Systematises routine work to ensure time can be spent on critical activities.
- Helps others achieve goals by removing obstacles and escalating issues as necessary.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Participate in internal departmental activities
- Participate in external departmental activities - University / industry engagements.
- Be an evangelist for departmental and team initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of how the department is run
- Identify, monitor and resolve project related issues.
- Understanding of RDBMS
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git.
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA.
- Experience of root cause analysis.
- Understanding of development lifecycle
- Understanding of Java, J2EE, Weblogic or JMS.
- Experience with database management and scripting eg. MSSQL, MySQL
- Solid support background with understanding of helpdesk support and prioritisation of issues.
- Working experience / knowledge of applets would be greatWorking experience / knowledge in EXT-JS preferred
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility concerns.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn