We have an exciting opportunity for UNIX Engineers to join our clients Unix Support team. As a Unix Engineer your role will be to assist in the 24x7 support of their Unix Platform, with a primary focus of the role being the ongoing support and maintenance of their systems. The roles are based in Leeds.
- 2nd/3rd Line UNIX Engineers will be part of an extended day ‘2 Shift Pattern’ covering Monday to Friday
- Prior history of working in a busy production support environment.
- Experienced knowledge of both RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience of Patching and Operating System Upgrades
- Complex Maintenance, Patching and Configuration of UNIX environments.
- To work as part of a team responsible for the support and delivery of improvements across a large UNIX estate (Solaris, Centos and RedHat Linux), including root cause analysis into repeat problems.
- Basic knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting (bash/ksh/perl)
- Core and associated networking experience: TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP and SSH
- Awareness/ Understanding of SSL Certificate Installations/Changes
- Experience of working in an environment using Change Management practices.
- Good communication & relationship management skills