Award winning managed IT service provider (Gold Partner) looking for a Service Desk Team Lead
Be-IT has been retained by one of Northern Ireland’s leading Managed IT Service providers to source a Service Desk Team Lead to work in their state of the art offices in County Antrim. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced service delivery team lead to work for a growing Managed IT Service Provider and work with them to grow their IT Services division and build on their success with a quality lead approach and good people management skills.
The range of activities that the SDTL will find themselves involved in include:
- Develop an employee-orientated company culture that develops excellent customer service, quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Implement technical infrastructure solutions for clients where we have been tasked commercially to do so. This work should follow standard build guidelines and standards whilst also ensuring high quality documentation is produced.
- Monitor, manage and respond to automated alerts raised by the company’s network monitoring platforms
- Manage the day to day technical operations of the service delivery team whilst quickly responding to internal and external enquiries by telephone, email or the organisations helpdesk management system.
- Take responsibility and control of technical escalations to effectively manage engineering resources and to ensure that both internal and external stakeholders receive regular and effective updates until the incident has been fully resolved & documented.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager and Head of Engineering to constantly develop, review and improve the policies, procedures and documentation necessary to ensure the provision of high quality support services within the engineering department whilst ensuring that contracted service level agreements (“SLAs”) for both internal and external stakeholders are met or exceeded.
- Mentor & coach personnel within the service delivery team via regular monthly training sessions to enable the engineering team to fulfil annual training agreements.
- Perform ICT maintenance, either for clients or internal systems.
- Manage, where necessary, the procurement and billing of hardware or services on behalf of a customer, in response to a support request.
- Engage in pre-sales discussions with the sales and accounts management team. Perform where necessary, on-site or remote audits, health checks or attend discovery meetings, advise on the technical viability of solutions for new opportunities and assist in the design of solutions where required.
- Refer client requests for advice and consultation to the account management team to ensure that any commercial opportunities are correctly managed, recorded and tracked.
- Perform regular ticket reviews to ensure that customer cases are receiving regular updates (in line with contracted SLA’s), helpdesk policies are being adhered to, workloads are evenly distributed and the quality of support meets or exceeds the organisations expectations.
- Take responsibility for reporting key performance indicators (KPIs) to the service delivery manager where required to aid the preparation of monthly (or upon request) departmental reports and perform regular helpdesk performance assessments where requested
- Build & maintain close client relationships both internally and externally by attending (where required or requested) client service review meetings to report on support contract utilisation, performance, service improvements and processes.
Essential Skills / Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a busy service desk/delivery leadership role.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and personable and persuasive with clients.
- Proactive, positive and outgoing in nature.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to motivate & develop a team.
- Proven track record of policy, procedure and documentation development & implementation.
- Awareness and understanding of; positioning, negotiating, communicating, presenting, adapting approach to meet customer needs, overcoming objections, reporting and closing.
- Ability to plan and manage operations, scheduling staff assignments, ordering spare parts and managing small projects/installs when required.
- Certification in management, business improvement or human resources
- ITIL Foundation certificate or other service management qualification
Benefits: Base salary of £30,000 - £40,000 with life insurance, paid holidays, and a range of company perks including a dedicated training and certification plan.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Tony Baker in complete confidence on 02895 214076.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.