Service Engineer – SQL / Service Delivery
Fantastic salary and benefits package
A well-known Financial Services organisation are about to embark on a massive UK digital transformation project. As a result, there is a need for Service Engineers experience with SQL, to join their Edinburgh city centre offices on a permanent basis.
We are looking for Service Engineers who will be able to shape the way the company deploys and manage services using cutting edge technology, you will be introducing tools that allow the client to continuously monitor the Full Stack of Web Clients and applications, using tools such as App Dynamics, Dynatrace & Splunk to service new software solutions.
As Service Engineer:
- You will be accountable for the delivery of live services
- You'll own service delivery of projects and continuous improvement pipeline
- Work with Dev/Ops Value Streams to ensure technical roadmap understood for systems. Active involvement of ideas & tools that contribute to the DevOps roadmap
- Build capability across colleagues, partners and other suppliers to ensure delivery of services
- Optimise the total cost of ownership of systems through new solutions / tooling where appropriate
Essential Skills required:
- Sound decision-making abilities when faced with complex demands and issues that can, and will, arise throughout the delivery of services
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with high attention to detail
- A strong understanding of SQL, (ideally Oracle or MS SQL Server)
- Identify, develop and implement new IT strategies and ways of working
- Establish and maintain relationships with the different departments - identify support issues & opportunities for improving processes
- Work with IT and external partners to resolve incidents
- Ensure appropriate service documentation & agreed processes are followed
- Strong knowledge of the software development life-cycle from design, build to production
It would be advantageous if you had knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and/or Micro Services web architecture.
The key to being successful in this role is having a passion for technology, an aptitude for problem-solving and improving the service delivery coupled with excellent clear, concise communication skills. If you are an Engineer experienced with service delivery and have excellent knowledge with SQL, then get in touch to discuss this further. This really is an exciting time to join an organisation who are completely restructuring their business model bringing their application development in-house.
Please contact Simon Allen to discuss this role in more detail. Simon.email@example.com