Are you an experienced software developer with interest in statistical modelling and experience with Python, F# or R? Would you like to work in a progressive, employee focused environment developing high quality and cutting-edge software? Then this is a role you want to have discussion about!
You will join talented Agile software team in company with offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow. You will be working on the development of complex Insight and Analytics products. You will be an experienced developer able to contribute to the design and development of applications. You will maintain “hands on” development with opportunity to play role in architectural and technical design decisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing systems in a range of programming environments and software platforms (primarily R, .NET, F# and Azure)
- Producing considered designs, clear in intent and able to craft the simplest solution from the options available
- Lead code and design reviews
- Confident in software development and design
- Review project plans, specifications and estimates from a developer perspective
- Mentor and coach more junior team members
Skills and personal characteristics
- Passionate about technology and object-oriented development, having hands-on experience with the .NET technology stack and Python, F# or R
- Experience with Microsoft Azure in a production environment would be an advantage
- Experience of technical and architectural design, particularly distributed systems, with a proficiency for related design patterns
- Able to translate end user/stakeholder requirements into detailed technical/architectural specifications when appropriate and in turn into robust solutions
- Familiar with and confident across the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment
- Confidence to engage constructively in a multi-disciplined team environment
Please apply online for immediate consideration or call Freddie Kydd at Be-IT Resourcing for a confidential conversation.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.