Software Engineer – Graduate - Edinburgh
Are you looking for a role in growing technology organisation that can offer variety, challenges and excellent opportunity to further develop skills? Would you embrace chance to join small team on an exciting journey? Then you may want to talk to us about this role.
You will join an established company on brink of launching a new cloud based product that integrates with AWS and Azure. They place value on the contribution of all team members. As a member of the team you will have a say in the design and implementation of products and the opportunity to influence the software and product development process.
As a new software developer you will participate in their development program. The program focusses on developing your technical, team working and organisational skills and abilities through coaching and mentoring. As you progress your career with us there may be further opportunities to develop on an engineering or management route.
Responsibilities will include some / all of the following depending upon experience.
- Works in an Agile (SCRUM) team developing systems and software
- Creating and maintaining automated unit and integration tests
- Defining and documenting technical requirements
- Producing technical documentation
- Work under the instruction of senior engineers to deploy, maintain and support customer solutions
- Provide technical assistance to customers
- Maintain and improve datacentre infrastructure and Cloud systems
- Provide out of hours technical support based on an on-call rota
The ideal candidate will: have a Computer Science (or similar) degree or 2 years of relevant industry experience
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science (or similar) degree or 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Experienced in a high-level programming language (e.g. Python, Java)
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Able to communicate fluently in English (both verbal and written communication must be excellent)
For immediate consideration, please email your CV or call Freddie Kydd for further discussion
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and LinkedIn