Do you value teamwork and a work/life balance? Are you a Team Leader who has a pragmatic approach to your work, constantly striving to deliver world class software solutions?
Working for our client will give you the chance to build a brilliant career in a forward-thinking organisation that offers a long list of benefits.
Be-IT is working in a close cooperation with a highly progressive and customer-focused software company that provides high-class cloud-based SaaS solutions to a sizeable and growing client base globally. Working from stunning offices in the heart of Edinburgh this company offers a friendly and progressive environment to work in.
As the Software Development Manager you will lead a dedicated team of extremely smart and collaborative engineers, ensuring they're well directed, motivated, productive and engaged in their work. This is a technical team leadership and people-management role.
Work with the business and Engineering Senior Leadership to drive development of the backlog of work for your team. You'll use your experience to keep stories pragmatic and set realistic expectations. Lead an agile development process for your team and facilitate product and architecture reviews. Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams to ensure consistent results on technical debt paydown and defect resolution. Assist in producing common development and architectural standards and ensure they're upheld across engineering teams. Roll up your sleeves and cut code alongside your team if required
Line manage, onboard, coach and mentor engineers in the team. Support the team to help ship features easily and deliver improvements often. Provide context, support and guidance and foster an inclusive culture of continuous improvement as the team works towards the company objectives. Work with Engineering Senior Leadership to understand the big picture and the future vision of the stack and drive forward the development of the app to meet these goals
Skills and Experience
- You have at least 5 years of development experience, ideally on a commercial SaaS product
- You have previous experience as a team lead with people management responsibilities
- You can demonstrate a strong track record in delivering successful software products
- You have a comprehensive understanding of lean and agile development methodologies
- You have a strong command of object-oriented programming and languages: Ruby, Python, Java, etc
- Your communication, organisation and people management skills are stellar
- You thrive in a collaborative environment but embrace accountability
- You are curious and always open to learn from others
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and Linked In