Excellent opportunity for an experienced Lead or Principle Developer to move into a Team Lead role with a Market Leading Java House in the Glasgow area.
The Team Leader will be responsible for delivering high quality product features for the Clients WFM product in a fast-paced agile, continuous integration and continuous deployment environment.
Working closely with the developers, product owners and user experience teams you will be responsible for the delivery of innovative web based applications using technologies such as java, spring, crnk, ext.js and reactjs which are deployed both on premise and to the cloud.
The ideal person will have great empathy for the customer and end user, an understanding of the competitive landscape, outstanding communication skills, demonstrated track record of recent experience and success leading complex product solutions, experience working with large globally distributed team, and experience with integration of various product platforms.
The role includes:
- Leading and inspiring the team
- Ensuring active engagement with product management, quality assurance, product information and any other teams which the team depend upon to achieve team goals
- Creating and maintaining an environment which is conducive to the team’s success and which aligns with departmental goals and working practices
- Ensuring team members understand what the right thing to do is and that it is done
- Monitoring the team’s delivery of multiple workstreams and raising any issues with the engineering manager
- Mentoring team members, providing guidance, leadership, and advocating best practices to the team in the areas of software engineering
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of a fast-paced, dynamic and quality focused software development environment
- Experience of a collaborative and supportive software development environment
- Experience of a cross-geography software development environment
- Experience of constructing and communicating short to medium term plans for a group of people over a set of tasks
- Experience in Agile software development process.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring in a team environment, and/or in a supervisory position.
- Strong motivational skills
- Strong organization & time management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Maintains own skill sets by keeping up to date with development trends and thinking.
- Ability to follow process but to remain flexible in achieving project objectives
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to learn and demonstrate value
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Short term, infrequent travel may be required to global engineering centres, customer locations and industry events
- Up to £65K DOE + 10% annual bonus