Great opportunity to join large software development team working on international projects in a supportive and professional environment.
Be-IT Resourcing's client is a well-established and global technology organisation in South Fife close to both train and bus connections. This well respected company is looking for a driven and experienced Software Developer to join their team asap in a permanent capacity. Working from a modern open-plan office you will be given the opportunity to expand on your software engineering skills and be part of a supportive and well established team of software professionals. Free parking is available on site and the company offers an excellent company benefits package and discretionary bonus.
As a Senior Engineer you will perform all the activities necessary for the development of software solutions. In addition you will be involved in mentoring less experienced engineers, taking initiative in identifying improvement opportunities, taking action to avoid problems occurring during the development lifecycle and proactively reporting progress and technical risks.
- Honours Degree in Computing related discipline.
- Proven skills in all areas of secure software development: Requirements gathering/analysis, Design, Programming, Verification/validation
- C/C++ Programming
- Automated Unit Testing
- Able to think through and breakdown large and complex developments into manageable tasks.
- Capable of identifying technical risk within the development process/activities allocated to them.
- Technical problem solving skills
- Quickness to learn and adapt
- Agile Development
- Information Security
- TCP/IP, Bluetooth, PSTN, GPRS (at least one)
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Confidence to propose alternative solutions and technologies where appropriate
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions in accordance with the secure software development lifecycle.
- Analyse complex technical issues and solve problems in a structured way.
- Produce work breakdown structures and estimate development tasks.
- Work collaboratively within a cross functional development community.
- Proactively identify and propose improvements to solutions, applications, process and tools.
- Coordinate the technical activities of a small team of engineers working on a project.
- Reporting progress on small to medium scale complexity projects to project manager.
- Identifying technical risk and report to more senior engineers or project manager.
For immediate consideration call for further discussion or apply online.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.
C / C++ / Software Engineer / Developer