Are you proud of your technical, analysis and problem solving skills? Would you like to use these on database/software projects to improve business processes? Then you will want to hear more about this opportunity. Whether you are an experienced Analyst or a recent IT graduate looking to develop your career, this role could provide the development and learning environment you need.
Be-IT Resourcing is working with a well-recognised and highly respected organisation in the Central Belt, to source a Software Systems Analyst to join them during a significant period of growth in the business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a small and highly functioning IT team and expand your existing database and systems integration skills working alongside their Project Manager.
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Computing related degree
- Systems Analysis Experience
- Understanding of databases (ideally Oracle)
- SQL and/or PL/SQL expertise
- Oracle APEX experience
- Knowledge of report writing tools e.g. iReports, Jaspersoft Studio
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux including experience of shell scripting
- Experience of systems integration and/or EDI tools and processes
- Competence with MS Excel, especially the design of data input/output sheets, including use of macros and VBA
- Aptitude for systems problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Establishing good working relationships with customers and anticipating any technical problems they could have is an important part of this position.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will:
- Identify and document systems process improvements
- Liaise with end-users and management to gather requirements
- Develop and Test new features and processes
- Develop and maintain UNIX shell scripts used to support operational processes
- Develop integration processes between internal and external systems
- Produce reports for customers and end-users
- Migrate solutions from Test environment to Production environment
- Document system changes, adhering to company standards
- Support system users during implementation of new processes
Role may include some travel to other company locations, a driving license will be required.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.