Our client is an industry leading multi-sector service provider with over 17,000 employees and offices in 50 countries globally. Due to the successful of their software development division in Glasgow, Scotland, they wish to expand and build a further software development team in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Cardiff or Southampton. This very much depends on the location of the successful individual who is hired for this position!
Package: Industry leading base salary up to £45,000 - £55,000 + bonus and an extensive range of company benefits, work from home options and flex hours / enhanced holidays and many more. Easily one of the best combined packages available.
Job type: Full-time / Permanent
About the Role
Your will be responsible for a new team that will develop and support complex software systems for clients throughout the UK. The development teams are project orientated and are involved in the full development lifecycle of software engineering: requirements capture, design, development, deployment, and live system support. The key objectives for this Software Team Lead role is to work with colleagues in Glasgow to integrate this team with the existing development team and to lead and contribute to the software engineering work assigned to the entire team. We plan to grow this team to at least 4 people over a 12 to 18-month period.
The successful candidate will be responsive for:
- Collaborating with Project Managers and other Team Leads to plan and monitor project work, primarily the delivery of quality software and associated technical services
- Design, hands-on implementation and testing of high-quality software, including web-based applications, desktop-based applications, and server-side components
- Working with Project Managers to proactively manage the pool of technical resources across the team
- Undertaking both greenfield and evolutionary development
- Mentoring junior technical team members in best software engineering practice
- Production of requirements, design, test and user documentation
- Rigorous application of our quality and governance processes
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly motivated to learn fast and add value to our systems delivery team
- Be able to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and senior management through applicable media
- Be proactive, able to demonstrate initiative and drive in coordinating and carrying out tasks
- Have an aptitude for problem solving
- Be a strong team player and highly motivated by shared success
- Good software engineering experience, developing and delivering software solutions
- Proven practical experience in team-leading and implementation of software delivery projects (1 year +)
- Clear understanding of software design, coding, configuration management and testing processes
- Experience of agile software development methodology
- Experience with Java and SQL
- Experience with Object Orientated Design
- Extensive experience with design, coding, configuration management and testing processes
- Experience of the full project life cycle including deploying custom solutions to production environments
- Spring Framework and associated libraries
- Automated testing
- Ability to objectively assess and recommend technologies
For further information on this vacancy, please apply via the link below or contact Tony Baker in complete confidence on 0141 370 9920.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.