Are you a Software Test Engineer looking for your next permanent opportunity? Would you like to work in an R&D focused environment working with high quality and cutting-edge software?
This role involves testing server based software products and highly scalable servers. You will assess risk within individual products and across the system and determine where to focus future testing efforts. This requires a thorough and methodical approach in design, development and execution of manual tests while identifying opportunities for automation.
Key skills and experience required:
- Commercial experience of defining, scoping and running manual tests for complex, networked systems
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to planning through to delivery
- Ability to estimate and prioritise the test backlog
- Proven track record of analysing test results and reporting clear defects
- Ability to structure an increasing number of test cases and results
- Experience in setting up test environments, including network setup and PC and server admin
- Working knowledge of IP networking
Experience with any of the following would be beneficial:
Networking configuration and VLANs
Windows and Linux experience
Virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V and VirtualBox
Test tools such as TestLink and Bugzilla
Scripting and test automation
Storage technologies (NAS, SAN, RAID etc)
If you are an experienced Software Test Engineer looking for your next permanent job then get in touch with Simon Allen to discuss. Simon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Edinburgh, Permanent, Salary up to £35,000
This role would suit a Test Engineer experienced working within an Network / Infrastructure environment and able to work on their own.