Test Engineer Data Warehousing – Scotland - Excellent Salary + Benefits
Are you an experienced Test Engineer with real passion for technology and experience working on complex datawarehousing projects? Would enjoy working on large, complex and fastmoving projects in one of Scotland’s biggest technology companies? If so you may want to talk to us.
You will join the Test Team within Data Technology area and be involved in defining, estimating, planning and executing manual and automated test scripts. If you want a role to challenge your skills and accelerate your career then few roles will offer more opportunity.
- Produce documentation that states clearly the scope of the test coverage
- Document and validate all gaps, risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies with mitigation.
- Ensuring consideration is given to the use of automation for test scripts or data creation
- Ensuring independent, documented quality peer reviews are undertaken
- Ensuring that regression test scripts are maintained in line with ongoing changes to the platform
- Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input and with the mentoring of associate testers and colleagues during the project lifecycle
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience of Unix and python scripting
- In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their standard methodology and principles of managing them
- Experience in Netezza, Oracle are desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable with developing testing capability in automation frameworks
- Technology background that includes as many as possible of - Selenium, Cucumber, LeanFT, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence technical decisions in a dynamic commercial environment.
In addition to salary, there is the full range of benefits you’d expect from a company of this size and status.
To apply or for further discussion please email: email@example.com
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linkedin.