Database Administrator – SQL Server - Edinburgh
Are you an experienced SQL DBA looking for new challenge? Would you enjoy working in environment that is both dynamic and supportive? If so you may want to discuss this role in more detail.
This will be Edinburgh city centre based role in team responsible for providing broad ranging and high quality DBA support, configuration, optimisation and consultancy services. This will include;
- Proactively monitoring SQL Server database systems to ensure secure services with a minimum downtime
- Responsibility for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL and development issues
- Managing the implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales
- Automating repetitive tasks where applicable
- Extensive experience of hands on SQL DBA configuration, performance management and implementation
- Solid knowledge of recent SQL technologies
- Demonstrable experience of monitoring, database performance enhancement and troubleshooting
- Understanding and experience of working to ITIL and ISO 27001 best practice
- Ability to script or code in one or more of the following PowerShell, c# or vb.net.
About the Company
Technology driven organisation with offices across UK currently growing fast and actively strengthening IT team. They invest in very latest technologies and have forward thinking attitude to embracing latest ideas to enhance relationship with business. This role is in Edinburgh city centre office and will be working with talented team of development and support professionals in supportive and collegiate environment that will challenge and reward. This is role suited to those passionate about technology eager to use problem solving skill to improve business processes.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV or apply online.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In.