Be-IT Resourcing is working with a well-recognised and highly respected organisation in the Central Belt, to source a Systems Applications Analyst to join them during a significant period of growth in the business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a small and highly functioning IT team and expand your existing database and systems integration skills working alongside their Project Manager.
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Understanding of databases (ideally Oracle)
- SQL and/or PL/SQL expertise
- Understanding of systems integration processes
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux including experience of UNIX Shell scripting
- Competence with MS Excel, especially the design of data input/output sheets, including use of macros and VBA
- Knowledge of report writing tools e.g. Jasper Reports
- Aptitude for systems problem-solving, be proactive and have a thorough approach to tasks.
- Knowledge of logistics or supply chain applications
Managing support requests in line with SLA's ensuring a timely resolution to issues and work closely with internal departments to suggest and introduce process improvements. Establishing good working relationships with customers and anticipating any technical problems they could have is an important part of this position.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will:
- Provide 1st/2nd line Support for applications
- Produce reports for customers and end-users
- Configure and test new features and process flows
- Develop and maintain UNIX shell scripts used to support operational processes
- Develop and maintain Excel spread sheets used to support operational processes
- Develop integration processes between internal and external systems
- Migrate solutions from Test environment to Production environment
- Document system changes, adhering to company standards
- Support system users during implementation of new processes
- Be included in the On Call rota
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.
Oracle / SQL Server / DBA / ETL / integration / Excel / VBA / support