Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Systems Engineer to manage and maintain the engineering team’s lab infrastructure to support the daily operations of a global product-based company as they progress through the product lifecycle from continuous integration through quality assurance to packaged version.
You will work as part of a global labs team with labs in the US, Tel Aviv and other parts of the UK. Primarily you will be responsible for maintaining the availability and uptime of the Glasgow site labs, ensuring they are fit for purpose and implementing global lab practices. You will also ensure the sustainability and future proofing of the Glasgow lab. You will work on and support wider initiatives such as a unified monitoring and dashboard solution, lab consolidation or more strategic moves to hyper-converged platforms, ACI and transitioning our products into the cloud to name a few.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining lab hardware, infrastructure software and networking.
- Developing a self-managing VMware infrastructure using VMware tools and dashboards.
- Capacity planning for the centre and ensuring hardware is requested for at re-order levels.
- Managing High availability solution including backups and recovery.
- Adhering to Lab Standards and best practices as defined
- Servicing the needs of our customers - Dev, QA, Support and Training
- Support and maintain all infrastructure required by Dev, QA, Support and Training
- Purchasing equipment for local need
Skills and Experience
- Experience managing infrastructure software (Domain, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience administering Vmware
- Experience managing a highly paced lab environment
- Experience backup and restore of key infrastructure
- Experience of capacity planning experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines while managing tasks
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of technology issues
- Ability to operate at a high level in a matrix environment
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn