Want to be part of an organisation that has a global outreach? Would you like to be responsible for the effective day to day operation of a team of automation engineers? Driving, developing, and executing automation strategy?
This organisation understands that their staff is the reason behind their global success. They offer the freedom to be innovative and creative within a stimulating and collaborative working environment that nurtures professional growth. You will join a talented team that are committed to the organisation and their customers.
Within this role you will lead and inspire a skilled team ensuring active engagement with the wider R&D organisation. You will create and maintain an environment which is conducive to the team’s success and which aligns with departmental goals and working practices. Your main objective will be to track the team’s delivery, report on progress to plan, manage the team’s risks, issues and dependencies and balance the competing demands being placed on the team.
You will communicate progress, risks and issues via weekly status reports, escalate appropriate issues to the Development Delivery Director. Provide ad-hoc reporting as required, work with the team to produce estimates for plans, produce delivery schedules.
Skills and Experience
- Ensures the promotion of the teams work to key stakeholders and engineering and encourages the members of the team to promote their work
- Experience with Agile Development and other development methodologies
- Must be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading automation practices.
- Coding skills are required, preferably C#, python, and/or Java.
- CI/CD and Jenkins experience is required.
- Hands-on, demonstrable Selenium/Appium automated testing (iOS and Android) experience is required.
- Experience with one or more modern tools is preferred: MSpec, SpecFlow, Fitnesse, Cucumber, Visual Studio Test Pro, GIT, or SonarCube
- Working knowledge of SQL databases, including writing queries, designing tables, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
For more information on the role please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org