Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Team Leader – Automation - Mobile
The Team Leader will be responsible for the effective day to day operation of a team of automation engineers driving, developing, and executing the automation strategy for each release. They need to manage the competing demands on finite team resources while removing any blockers to team progress. They will be responsible for the creation and maintaining a schedule for the team’s scope and available resources.
The role includes:
- Leading and inspiring the team
- Ensuring active engagement the rest of the R&D organisation
- Creating and maintaining an environment which is conducive to the team’s success and which aligns with departmental goals and working practices
- Ensuring team members understand what the right thing to do is and that it is done
- They are responsible for tracking the team’s delivery, reporting on progress to plan, managing the team’s risks, issues and dependencies and balancing the competing demands being placed on the team
Ensure that the scope items are delivered within the agreed timescales and to the agreed quality while meeting the overall acceptance criteria. Support the continuous improvement of the team. Demonstrate a clear understanding of enterprise applications. Liaise with the wider R&D organization to ensure detailed requirements have been gathered to facilitate planning. Understand why the scope items being developed are important, what benefits they will bring, who they are being developed for. Ensure stakeholders receive regular progress updates, including demonstrations. Communicate clear boundaries, values, goals, expectations. Assess decisions/actions and recognise potential impacts on individuals and groups and make plans to meet the needs of all stakeholders as effectively as possible
Communicate progress, risks and issues via weekly status reports. Escalate appropriate issues to the Development Delivery Director. Provide ad-hoc reporting as required. Work with the team to produce estimates for plans. Produce delivery schedules. Understand the team’s skill set and experience in order to prioritise tasks, making the best and most effective use of resources. Actively manage and maintain a capacity plan for the team
Lead by example and act as a role model for team members. Make sure the team understand why the automation being developed is important, what benefit it will give and who it is being developed for. Ensure that the team are aware of the agreed timescales and quality measures and meet the overall acceptance criteria. Act as a point of contact and escalation for all team members. Manage, motivate and inspire the team on a daily basis and coach team members providing corrective actions and development plans as required
Skills and Experience
- Experience of leading an initiative or initiatives
- Proven ability to self-manage and structure work
- Ensures the promotion of the teams work to key stakeholders and engineering and encourages the members of the team to promote their work
- Experience with Agile Development and other development methodologies
- Must be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading automation practices.
- Coding skills are required, preferably C#, python, and/or Java.
- CI/CD and Jenkins experience is required.
- Hands-on, demonstrable Selenium/Appium automated testing (iOS and Android) experience is required.
- Experience with one or more modern tools is preferred: MSpec, SpecFlow, Fitnesse, Cucumber, Visual Studio Test Pro, GIT, or SonarCube
- Working knowledge of SQL databases, including writing queries, designing tables, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Must have strong analytical & logical skills, including troubleshooting skills.
- Has ability to understand the underlying software components and technologies of the product or feature in which automated tests are supporting.
- Operate under minimal supervision and is capable of independent action, and/or in a supervisory position.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn