Be-IT are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Team Leader.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the effective day to day operation of a team of engineers delivering product scope or services to the department. They are actively engaged in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and need to manage the competing demands on finite team resources while removing any blockers to team progress. They will be responsible for the creation and maintaining a schedule for the team’s scope and available resources.
- CSS/HTML – including cross browser support preferably
- Unit testing (although we can train this up)
- Technical Lead – someone who makes recommendations. Ability to take the lead of a small team – starting with 1 other developer but probably moving to 3 other developers in total over the next year.
The role includes:
- Leading and inspiring the team
- Ensuring active engagement with product management, quality assurance, product information and any other teams which the team depend upon to achieve team goals
- Creating and maintaining an environment which is conducive to the team’s success and which aligns with departmental goals and working practices
- Ensuring team members understand what the right thing to do is and that it is done
- They are responsible for tracking the team’s delivery, reporting on progress to plan, managing the team’s risks, issues and dependencies and balancing the competing demands being placed on the team
- Hands on experience with Java
- Experience of leading an initiative or initiatives
- Proven ability to self-manage and structure work
- Understanding of the WFM product and its customers
- Ensures the promotion of the teams work to key stakeholders and engineering and encourages the members of the team to promote their work
- Experience with Agile Development and other development methodologies
Regarded as very knowledgeable/experienced in one of the following areas
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Social analytics
- Actionable Intelligence / Big Data
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn