Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Team Leader who will be responsible for the effective day to day operation of a team of engineers.
Delivering product scope or services to the department. They are actively engaged in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and need to manage the competing demands on finite team resources while removing any blockers to team progress. They will be responsible for the creation and maintaining a schedule for the team’s scope and available resources.
The role includes:
- Leading and inspiring the team
- Ensuring active engagement with product management, quality assurance, product information and any other teams which the team depend upon to achieve team goals
- Creating and maintaining an environment which is conducive to the team’s success and which aligns with departmental goals and working practices
- Ensuring team members understand what the right thing to do is and that it is done
They are responsible for tracking the team’s delivery, reporting on progress to plan, managing the team’s risks, issues and dependencies and balancing the competing demands being placed on the team.
Ensure that the scope items are delivered within the agreed timescales and to the agreed quality while meeting the overall acceptance criteria. Support the continuous improvement of the team. Demonstrate a clear understanding of enterprise applications. Have an understanding of the technologies used within typical contact centre environments
Liaise with product management, services, support, strategy, sales consulting and QA to ensure detailed requirements have been gathered to facilitate planning. Understand why the scope items being developed are important, what benefits they will bring, who they are being developed for and how they fit into the product. Ensure stakeholders receive regular progress updates, including
Demonstrations. Clarify roles and responsibilities. Communicate clear boundaries, values, goals, expectations. Assess decisions/actions and recognise potential impacts on individuals and groups and make plans to meet the needs of all stakeholders as effectively as possible. Communicate progress, risks and issues via weekly status reports. Provide ad-hoc reporting as required.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of debugging for troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application flows
- Solid Understanding of RDBMS
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git.
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility concerns.
- Experience of root cause analysis.
- Design and development experience in Java 2 Platform technologies (J2EE, EJB) and web application servers;
- Understanding of object oriented analysis, algorithm design and J2EE design patterns;
- Understanding of both web client side and server side development;
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Awareness of benchmarking and optimization
- Experience of software development within a team
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git
- Experience of software debugging
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Experience of a Linux Windows operating system
- Experience of unit testing and TDD
- Experience of continuous integration systems
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn