Technical Support Engineer - Fife
Would you enjoy a technically varied role working with customers across Europe? Would you like a role which tests your analytical and problem solving skills on a daily basis? Then you may want to discuss this role in more detail.
About the role
As a customer facing representative of the company you will have excellent communication skills, the ability to think independently and be able to solve technical issues, all with the minimum of fuss.
You will manage support requests in line with customer SLA's ensuring a timely resolution to issues and remain focused on providing regular progress reports to customers. Establishing good working relationships with customers and anticipating any technical problems they could have is an important part of this position.
- Strong technical aptitude towards the use of new technology and diagnostic tools.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with ability to think "out-of-the-box” and develop creative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Most of the work will be written (email, documentation and formal reporting).
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Technical qualification and some support experience in solving technical problems.
- Awareness of working with Service Level Agreements.
- Some experience of ITIL service management principles.
- Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Excel spreadsheet pivots and use of macros.
- TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS Configuration
- Some experience of GPRS/GSM Mobile communications
- Some experience of TCP/IP protocol
- Some experience of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technologies
Working from a modern open-plan office, close to both train and bus stations, you will be given the opportunity to expand on your existing skills and be part of a supportive and well established team of IT professionals.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and @FreddieKydd) and on Linked In.