Technology Evangelist – Dundee
Are you a software developer with passion for communicating with other developers? Would you welcome an opportunity to engage with a technical audience and evangelize on the merits of new technologies? Could you embrace a role that would involve a mix of Software Development, Marketing, Data Science, Product Evangelism and Customer Acquisition ? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing’s client is an innovative and progressive software technology company working from a modern new office space based in the centre of Dundee. They are looking to recruit an engineer to work with Marketing and User Experience teams to reach out to and educate new customers. You will promote new products to an audience of other software developers through social media and developer forums. This role is all about telling customers how great the platform is and showing them what they can build with it. To do this you will need both passion for and knowledge of software development. Previous experience as a software developer is a must.
- Establishing contact with other developers and actively engaging on such forums as Github, Stackoverflow, Reddit, Medium and Product Hunt.
- Working with customers to identify gaps and improve product features
- Working with wider team in Agile and collaborative environment
- Preparing technical education material to aid new customers (sample code, blogs, videos etc)
- Presentations to potential customers at seminars and conferences
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Degree in computing or related subject
- Real passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of software development
- Fluent in at least one OO language
- Awareness of the following areas; Marketing, Data Science, Software Engineering, Product Evangelism
- Experience within a SAAS business
- Experience building and nurturing user communities
- Willingness to travel to meet customers and attend events
If you want the chance to progress your career in a highly technical and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.