Be-IT Resourcing is working with a leading financial services software house with an enviable track record of providing effective advice & business automation, CRM, T&C and financial planning solutions. They work with leading financial advisers, product providers and mortgage lenders to deliver highly valued solutions across a range of products such as investments, pensions, protection, mortgages and general insurance.
Test Analyst – Warwickshire
The Test Analyst will have responsibility over testing within the Product / Implementation test team. The test analyst will play a vital role in the ongoing testing of new and existing functionality; driving testing through scenario and use case creation / execution.
Working on the product and where required packaged implementation products.
Responsible for determining business use cases and how these can be tested within the core product and within project implementations. To challenge stakeholders to ensure that all requirements are met, have been delivered, and are testable.
The main responsibilities are:
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Developers to understand fully the business and functional requirements of the software under test
- Create and maintain test plans, scripts and other test documentation to current standards
- Execute test plans in accordance with the testing schedule, including both manual testing and the use of automated testing tools
- Record test results and participate in the analysis of those results
- Participate in the identification and analysis of potential defects, assigning the priority and reporting of the defect
- Utilise the agreed systems methodology throughout the project lifecycle
- Progress allocated tasks in accordance with the project plan. Take full responsibility for the scheduled tasks alerting the project manager/test team leader immediately to any variations to allow maximum opportunity to bring the situation back on track
- Provide relevant project feedback, on a day-to-day basis, to all appropriate project stakeholders including senior management and client representatives
- Work closely with line management in formalising and implementing changes to improve processes
- Complete fully and submit, on time, a Timesheet
- Act as a mentor, where appropriate, to New Starters and take part in knowledge “share-ware” sessions
- Any other reasonable duties as advised by the line manager, from time to time
- Test Analysis / Requirements
- Test Scripting
- Test Execution
- Defect recording and reporting
- Test reporting of test execution results / defects
- Excellent understanding of Financial Services including Life Pensions, Mortgages and investments. Products, sales processes and distribution channels, along with supporting technology. (or proven ability to quickly develop this understanding)
- Extensive functional testing / UAT experience, ideally within a software house environment, with a proven track record of completing testing to a high standard, and within timescales
- Proven exposure to client/server and internet technologies
- Practical experience of a defect tracking tool (HP Quality Center / Microsoft ALM)
- Knowledge of SCRUM, Agile methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Methodical approach to work with the ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Possess the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate activities, handling multiple tasks across multiple implementations
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Possess an eye for detail coupled with a quality focus
- Driven, energetic and enthusiastic, with a ‘can do, will do’ approach
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing, or similar
- Educated to degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; resolute but diplomatic.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under instruction, to tight deadlines, under pressure and without compromising quality.
- Proactive and highly disciplined.
- Flexibility in role, approach and skills.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm, with a ‘can do, will do’ approach.
Customer Focus; Knowing who your customers are, keeping the meeting of their needs at the forefront of mind and taking responsibility for the service delivered to them
Preference for Action; Grasping issues that require resolution and ensuring that appropriate effective action is taken.
Communicating and Influencing; The ability to communicate effectively and to influence others to act and/or commit support to one’s own goals and objectives.
Creative and Innovative Thinking; The ability to think creatively
Business Knowledge; Having a sound grasp of the Company’s plans and operating environment, the factors relevant to one’s own role and the interaction between one’s own role and others’ within the Company and outside
Planning and Organising; The ability to develop clear and logical step-by-step plans for self and for others which set out what needs to happen, when, how and by whom
Connect with Matt Wolstenholme at Be-IT to arrange a call.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry new on a daily basis on Twitter @BeITresourcing and Linked In.