Test Engineer – Edinburgh
Are you an experienced tester looking for a new challenge? Have you worked on testing complex, networked software systems ? Would you like to work in an R&D focused environment delivering cutting edge software? Then this is a role you want to have discussion about!
This role involves assessing the quality of the complete system from complex GUI features to highly scalable servers. You will assess risk across the whole system and determine where to focus future testing efforts. This requires a thorough and methodical approach in design, development and execution of manual tests while identifying opportunities for automation.
- Certification in Testing (ISEB/Certified Agile Tester) desirable.
- Strong experience in defining, scoping and running manual tests for complex, networked systems.
- Good organisational skills, and able to estimate and prioritise the test backlog.
- Proven ability to structure an increasing number of test cases and results.
- Experience in setting up test environments, including network setup and PC and server admin.
- Passionate about ensuring the quality of a wide range of software products.
- Keen to work as part of a collaborative agile team.
You will also ideally have some exposure or interest in any of the following:
- Networking configuration and VLANs
- Virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V and VirtualBox
- Test tools such as TestLink and Bugzilla
- Protocol analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Scripting and test automation
Please apply online for immediate consideration or call Freddie Kydd at Be-IT Resourcing for a confidential conversation.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In.