A skilled test engineer, with a particular interest in mobile app development?
Experienced in building and maintaining test systems with an automation focus?
Keen to work closely with a cross-functional team, always keeping the customer in mind?
This company are in the process of rebuilding their mobile apps from a hybrid approach to native for iOS and Android and would love to have a test engineer onboard whose initial focus is to help them achieve that in the best possible way.
They are looking for someone who can work closely with engineers and stakeholders to understand and interrogate requirements, helping to ensure these are met in the best possible way from the very beginnings of each project. You’ll be an advocate for customers, and help stakeholders reach appropriate decisions on trade-offs.
You’ll also be responsible for developing thoughtful test approaches that include building automated tooling to help us resolve problems faster, balanced with a considered exploratory testing strategy for their existing products and applications as well as for greenfield features and products. You’ll have the opportunity to define that mobile testing strategy and influence the test tooling and automation frameworks we use.
- Experience building and maintaining test systems for mobile applications, including exposure to tools and frameworks such as Appium, Calabash and/or Selenium WebDriver
- Knowledge of version control systems, ideally git, and at least a basic knowledge of macOS X and Unix commands
- Experience with API and contract testing
- A good understanding of development tools and processes
- Good language skills to prepare and contribute to technical documentation
- Experience with and enthusiasm for understanding and interrogating technical requirements with developers and stakeholders
- Qualifications in or experience with the testing domain, including knowledge of testing terminologies, techniques and good practice
- Insight into user mindsets and a talent for exploring the software in unexpected ways to highlight risk and salient information
- An ability to learn quickly on the job and a desire to upskill in various knowledge domains
- The ability to work from our beautiful Edinburgh office (we’ll help with relocation)
Please apply online if interested.