Test Lead - Automation
Salary up to £40,000
An opportunity has come up for an experienced Test Lead to join a software house in Edinburgh city centre that works with international clients across the world. You will be working with a growing fin-tech organisation where you are responsible for driving improvements in quality across products and processes.
Duties of the Test Lead:
You will be directly responsible for a small test team within the business, managing the team and developing their skills and knowledge. This is an Agile environment and you will define the approved practices, policies, and procedures required to build high-assurance systems. You will work with the technical leadership team to focus on quality, problem prevention instead of detection, and ensure testing occurs earlier than ever before.
Test Lead skill set:
- Working knowledge of multiple software quality and testing metrics and methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, iterative) and a data-driven approach to evaluating the health of projects and applications
- Strong Test Automation experience
- Innovative and current approach to testing methodologies, and a willingness to introduce advanced test methodologies such as TDD, BDD, shifting testing to CI/CD workflows, shift-left, and others
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple ongoing test efforts of varying size and complexity
- Strong Leadership skills (with a preference for Line Management Experience)
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams
- Financial Services Experience is an advantage
It would also be beneficial if the Test Lead has working knowledge of any of the following: Jira, UFT, TeamCity, Load Runner, Oracle
This role would suit a Test Manager or Test Lead who has excellent experience with test automation, has previously worked within an Agile environment and who has experience leading or mentoring individuals or teams.
If this opportunity sounds of interest to you then get in touch with Simon Allen to discuss.