Be-IT Resourcing is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for a Tier 3 Support Engineer.
The Tier 3 Support Engineer will be a key contributor to the team who would be instrumental in troubleshooting of our clients existing web applications. They will have a broad engineering competence as well as demonstrated experience successfully resolving complex customer issues in a dynamic environment.
- Independently troubleshoot customer issues (ESRs), research solutions, and resolve complex problems by analyzing product & systemic issues (Network, OS, database SQL Server) to identify root cause of problems and determine corrective actions.
- Work as a liaison & drive communication internally between T2 Support, engineering & product management to resolve customer issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide recommendation, feedback on design change / feature for product supportability to ensure that product meets customer requirements and document the same.
- Prepare & maintain knowledge base articles for known issues & work around.
- Willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done within SLAs and customer commitments, provide mentoring and training for new employees and work cross functionally as a team member.
- Proactive in identifying critical point of failure, raising flags & escalating issues that are of urgent nature.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects simultaneously.
- On call duty to provide out of hours support on a rotating basis
- Occasionally visit customer sites.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems and concepts as well as make decisions based on given input;
- Analytical skills include but are not limited to applying logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
- Experience of resolving technical issues
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced and challenging technical environment, with ability to multitask whilst delivering high quality solutions
- Ability to quickly understand issues and think through solutions
- Highly motivated with an ability to work independently
- Ability to perform data analysis and troubleshoot data integrity issues
- Able to communicate effectively with other team members and business
- Experience of debugging for troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application flows
- Solid Understanding of RDBMS
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git.
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility concerns.
- Experience of root cause analysis.
- Design and development experience in Java 2 Platform technologies (J2EE, EJB) and web application servers;
- Understanding of object oriented analysis, algorithm design and J2EE design patterns;
- Understanding of both web client side and server side development;
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Awareness of benchmarking and optimization
- Experience of software development within a team
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git
- Experience of software debugging
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Experience of a Linux Windows operating system
- Experience of unit testing and TDD
- Experience of continuous integration systems
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
- Knowledge of JEE
- Knowledge of web application development
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility concerns
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn