Be-IT are currently looking for a Tier 3 Support Engineer for a large analytics company based in Glasgow.
The Tier 3 Support Engineer will be a key contributor to the team who would be instrumental in troubleshooting of our existing web applications and being a point of contact for less senior members of the team. They will have a broad engineering competence as well as demonstrated experience successfully resolving complex customer issues in a dynamic environment.
- Independently troubleshoot requests for assistance from Tier 2 support engineers and product managers as well as be a point of contact for escalated issues. Research solutions and resolve complex problems by analyzing product & systemic issues (Network, OS, database SQL Server) to identify root cause of problems and determine corrective actions.
- Work as a liaison & drive communication internally between T2 Support, engineering & product management to resolve customer issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide recommendation, feedback on design change / feature for product supportability to ensure that product meets customer requirements and document the same.
- Prepare & maintain knowledge base articles for known issues & work around.
- Willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done within SLAs and customer commitments, provide mentoring and training for new employees and work cross functionally as a team member.
- Proactive in identifying critical point of failure, raising flags & escalating issues that are of urgent nature.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects simultaneously.
- Support role experience
- QA/Automation Knowledge
- Devops Interest, (Devops = Involvement in process of building software environments (Windows and Linux), maintenance of live systems (Windows and Linux), optimisation of process for both of the previous)
- Experience of debugging for troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application flows
- Solid Understanding of RDBMS
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git.
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility concerns.
- Experience of root cause analysis.
- Experience of software development within a team
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git
- Experience of software debugging
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Experience of a Windows operating system
- Experience of continuous integration systems
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
- Knowledge of JEE
- Knowledge of web application development
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility concerns
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn